The Client Service Manager works with the individual insurance team to facilitate the sales process (life, disability insurance, long term care). This role provides administrative support to the individual underwriting process.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responds to client requests
- Manage new business cases from application to closing
- Assist in the underwriting process including ordering medical records, paramedical exams and evaluating any health concerns
- Initiate contact and/or meetings with clients for their annual review (discuss with advisor)
- Process policy changes, to include policy surrender, ownership/beneficiary change, conversion, loan requests, death benefit change, address changes, reconsideration and/or exclusion removal.
- Contact clients for lapse notifications and policy expirations
- Create summaries and request inforce ledgers for client meetings.
- Work with the sales team on different marketing and sales initiatives
- Build and maintain close relationship with clients
- Update and maintain database, to include data entry
- Other duties assigned as needed
- 1 year working in a business office environment and using office equipment such as fax, copiers, printers.
- Interest in pursuing a career in individual insurance.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with complete discretion
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and re-evaluate priorities, as necessary
- Energetic and assertive, with ability to work as a team player
- Strong organizational skills with focus on details, follow-up, and time management
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Shows initiative with a willingness to learn and develop professionally
- College degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge in the life insurance industry is preferred
- Illinois Health/Life License preferred
Apply for this job