Use the “guy” with insurance!!!

We know- it’s a pain in the butt to ask for a certificate of insurance.

And the person you want to use doesn’t have insurance- but he is so much cheaper!!!
Why? –
What’s the benefit?
The contractor with General Liability insurance has a carrier to stand behind them if they make a mistake
  • They damage part of your home
  • They puncture a pipe that causes water damage
  • They hook up a dishwasher wrong and it floods the kitchen
  • They may CAUSE damage that you may be responsible for
  • They leave a ladder and someone falls on it
  • They leave  a tool out and someone gets hurt
The contactor with Workers Compensation has a carrier to pay if one of their workers gets injured on the job
  • Without the insurance coverage- the workers could sue you for your negligence
  • The worker could claim YOU were the ultimate employer and expose you to a workers comp claim
So- what do you do?
ASK for a certificate of Insurance
  • It needs to be with a good carrier (A or better)
  • It needs to show General Liability limits of AT LEAST $1M
  • It needs to show Workers Compensation
We would be happy to review and certificates of insurance or discuss contractors with you
Who needs to have a certificate?
  • Snow Removal
  • Landscaper
  • Handyman
  • Contractor
  • Pool maintenance
  • HVAC contractor
  • Plumber
  • Electrician
  • House Cleaning Services
Please call Associated Agencies at (847) 427-8400 if you have any questions or need advice.

Comments are closed.

Our team of insurance specialists would like to learn more about your unique insurance needs  Contact Us