Works with the HR team to facilitate the human resource processes. This role also provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Assist in administering employee health and welfare plans
o Assist benefits orientations and enrollments
o Assist with enrollments, changes and terminations
o Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
o Act as a liaison between employees and insurance providers
o Assist with the resolution of benefits-related problems
o Work alongside the payroll professional regarding overseeing benefits deductions and additions
· Assist with new employee onboarding processes
o Assist with on-line Onboarding format/creation
· Assist with the performance review and termination processes
· Assist with the recruitment and interview processes
o Schedule meetings and interviews as requested
o Track status of candidates in HRIS and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
o Assist with administering of candidate background checks and pre-employment testing
o Develop and maintain relationships with college and university placement offices
o Working alongside employment agencies and search firms
o Schedule and attend career fairs as to generate qualified applicants
o Provide company information and job opportunities to potential candidates
· Maintain employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance
· Assist in conducting audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
· Assist in coordinating all employee incentive programs
· General Admin duties
o Organize employee phone directories
o Order employee business cards, nameplates and other equipment
o Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
o Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
o Preparing new-employee files and maintain employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance and file documents into appropriate employee files.
o Assist with reception coverage
- 1 to 3 years working in a business office environment and using office equipment such as fax, copiers, printers.
- Interest in pursuing a career in human resources
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with complete discretion.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal & written skills.
- The ability to multi task and handle a large volume of items simultaneously.
- Good organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Eager to learn new tasks.
- Proficient in Word and Excel. Knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
Apply for this job